Braxton Hicks Vs. Contractions
Braxton-Hicks Vs Contractions
- Irregular - Won’t follow a pattern or come closer together over time.
- Change - Braxton Hicks will stop if you move, rest or change position
- Weak- Braxton Hicks won’t get stronger or stop you from talking.
- Uncomfortable - Braxton Hicks are more likely to be felt towards the front, and are more uncomfortable than intense.
- Regular - Contractions come at regular intervals, and become closer together.
- Continuous - Contractions continue regardless if you move, rest, or change positions
- Strong - Contractions get more intense with time, and may stop you from talking
- Intense - Contractions usually start from the back, and move to the front. They are usually an intensity, you haven’t experienced before.
Early labor contractions may feel mild, making it more confusing as to wether your having contractions or not. Contractions that only show up from time to time are most likely Braxton-Hicks. If they are coming regularly, in a pattern, and are getting stronger, those may be contractions.
To figure out if you are having contractions, time them! If you notice a pattern for longer than a hour, those might be contractions! Try changing positions, moving, or lying down, if they still continue throughout those movements, those are most likely contractions!
The early labor phase is the longest phase of labor, especially for first time moms. It can last for a few hours, days, or even weeks. If you notice you are having contractions, don’t panic this is the moment you have been waiting for. If you are a planning a home birth take a deep breath and try your best to go about your day as normal, while still preparing for your birth. Most Importantly take this time to save your energy for the active and transitional phases of labor!
Things to do during Early Labor:
- Prepare your Birth Environment
- Watch Positive Birth Videos
- Listen to Podcast
- Eat and Stay Hydrated
- Meditate and Visualize your Birth
Legaci Birth is birth made simple. Unlike other platform, that encourage medication to enjoy birth. With Legaci Birth, birth is unmedicated, painless and without the fight.
Discover a platform that gives you the freedom to plan, prepare, and accomplish your natural birth exactly the way you want it.